The faculty exchange programme (FEP) is designed to encourage the dialogue between Swiss and Indian scholars (faculty members and research staff) in social sciences, in order to intensify interaction between Indian and Swiss scientists and institutions and to promote sustainable bilateral collaboration.
FEP grants are designed to fund travel and living expenses for exchanges of researchers between Switzerland and India. Other project-related costs may be funded as well. The FEP grants can include up to two researchers and scientists from each side. In addition, PhD students can take part to the project if connected to the Swiss applicant or to the Indian partner.
The social sciences are taken at a large sense with a priority to:
- Governance and policy
- Sustainable urban development and land use
- Inclusive growth, green economy, economic growth and development
- Public health and well-being
- Food security
- Population, ageing and migration
- Higher education development, science and innovation policies