The Sino Swiss Science and Technology Cooperation program is one of the bilateral cooperation programs created by the State Secretariat for Education and Research. The Stepping Stone Symposia are one of the instruments to promote research contacts.
Medtech industry is an important link of the Swiss economy. Healthcare issues are gaining importance in China. Can Switzerland and China find synergy in the healthcare sector?
Stepping Stone Symposium-Medtech September 27-28, 2012 at ETH Zurich.
Find out how Chinese researchers are bridging the need of their society and the Swiss researchers who are interested in collaborating in China. Join a discussion on IP issues and how to bringing products to market.
Who should attend:
If you –
- are interested in exploring possibilities to collaboration with a Chinese partner;
- are interested to be informed of Chinese research in the medical technology fields;
- are interested to know what market potential there might be in China;
- would like to have an introduction on intellectual property practice and regulatory issues in China;
- are interested in the future SSSTC direction in the medical technology fields.
- Promoting research collaboration: The first conference in Switzerland will be aimed at bringing several key Chinese professors (to be determined by the organizing committee) to Switzerland and meet with their Swiss counterparts. Through Scientific presentation, dialogues among the Swiss and Chinese scientists will be encouraged. Faculty/student exchanges for the purpose of collaborative research is foreseen.
- Innovation collaboration: Through scientific contacts among the professors, knowledge of China specific needs/capability in the medtec field would increase; this may in turn help in directing the future attention in innovation.
Update September 7, 2012:
The CTI has decided to support the Medtech symposium and to promote Sino Swiss research and innovation cooperation in medical technologies. The final program is now available (see links below).