Calls for funding opportunities in Public-Private Innovation Partnerships opened.
Five public-private partnerships (JTIs), set up under Horizon 2020, launched the first calls for research projects on 9 July 2014. The partnerships work in strategic areas such as medicines, fuel cells, air and rail transport and electronics, with a maximal total budget of € 19.5 billion.
Swiss legal entities will be able, as a general rule, to participate in calls under the conditions of H2020 Rules for Participation of industrialised third countries.
The partnerships work in the following areas:
- Clean Sky 2 (CS2): to develop cleaner, quieter aircraft with significantly less CO2 emissions; link to website
- Innovative Medicines 2 (IMI2): to develop next generation vaccines, medicines and treatments, such as new antibiotics; link to website
- Fuel Cells and Hydrogen 2 (FCH2): to expand the use of clean and efficient technologies in transport, industry and energy; link to website
- Bio-based Industries (BBI): to use renewable natural resources and innovative technologies for greener everyday products; link to website
- Electronics (ECSEL): to boost Europe’s electronics manufacturing capabilities; link to website