The previous work of the Cloud Expert Group (“Advances in Clouds”) has clearly shown that Cloud Computing still requires research and development work in multiple domains (e.g. software & services, networks, security, complex systems, etc.).
The aim of the workshop is to refine the research topics identified in the above mentioned report, provide more details and develop a roadmap with priorities and actions.
To better shape the workshop discussions, position papers (no longer than 2 pages) are submitted on any of the following topics:
- Data management, communications & networks
- Resource description & usage, resource management
- Programmability & usability
- Federation, interoperability, portability
- Business and cost models, expertise & usability
Andy will provide a position paper on cloud standards, federation, and interoperability from the ICCLab’s perspective. The slides will be online after the event.