Equinix: Global Data Centers that Protect, Connect and Power the Digital Economy
How can we ensure the vitality of the digital economy? This is the question Equinix’s founders asked in 1998 when the Web was revolutionizing information-sharing between businesses.
Their answer was to offer businesses a place to reliably run and grow their operations and securely exchange critical information – and this is exactly what Equinix continues to do today.
We do this by building and operating large-scale data centers around the world that offer the highest levels of reliability and security and, more importantly, give major networks and businesses a place to interconnect. This growing community of customers – spanning networks, enterprises, financial companies, technology service providers, digital media, social media and cloud applications – forms a thriving information ecosystem. We call this Platform EquinixTM.
Platform Equinix delivers:
- A global footprint of International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in 31 major business markets across 15 countries and 5 continents
- Access to more than 900 public and private networks to optimize service performance and reduce latency
- Specialized exchanges for Internet, Ethernet and mobility
- On-demand access to the space, power and network connectivity needed to scale cloud services and IT services and grow revenue streams
- Facilities designed to support the requirements of high-density computing
- Direct access to a complete cloud services ecosystem for rapid integration of services, technologies and customer opportunities, including more than 300 cloud and 500 IT service providers
- Access to the Equinix Marketplace to market services to more than 4,000 enterprises and financial, network and content companies
Equinix is constantly evolving and seeks to act upon industry trends that will significantly impact the businesses of our customers. At the foundation of this effort is the Equinix Promise, which starts with a common purpose: to protect, connect and power the digital economy inspired by our dream that Equinix will be the interconnection point for the world’s leading businesses.
As the company looks forward into 2013 and beyond, we will continue to dedicate ourselves to help power the digital economy. This means that we will:
- Constantly strive to evolve, cultivate and share our industry insights with our customers;
- Seek opportunities to continue to expand in key markets;
- Act upon industry trends that will affect our business and the businesses of our customers.
CloudSigma: Innovative Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) through high availability, flexible cloud servers and cloud hosting Europe and the US.
CloudSigma is an highly innovative Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider based in Zurich, Switzerland. CloudSigma was founded to meet the growing need for a pure IaaS that places little or no restrictions on how its users deploy their computing resources. CloudSigma has been chosen as one of the top 25 European cloud companies for 2010.
The founders of CloudSigma were frustrated with the current market offerings which required users to jump through hoops to migrate their current server setups to the cloud. Further, many other IaaS offerings placed restrictions on the operating systems that could be used, the size of servers available and more; servers that disappear when stopped, storage that wasn’t persistent etc. The CloudSigma product was developed to directly address these issues.
“We are 100% focused on delivering world class computing performance and service to our customers in a flexible and straightforward manner. Choosing CloudSigma as your cloud hosting partner means choosing a company that genuinely cares about its working relationships. We view our role very much a partnership, providing a solid foundation on which our customers build out their computing infrastructure and businesses over time. Having a valued partner who understands your business and is able to assist and support when needed is critical.”
Above all, CloudSigma aims to make its service accessible to all. Very technical users will find the full featured API easy to use and automate along with the greater freedom our system affords them. Less technically inclined users will find the web interface intuitive and the CloudSigma community an invaluable resource in exploring cloud computing further.
The founders of CloudSigma chose Switzerland as a location due to the following key advantages:
- Excellent networking connectivity to all of Europe and the rest of the world
- One of the world’s most reliable and clean electricity grids (95% green electrical generation)
- A highly developed and respected legal framework for privacy and data protection
- A multi-lingual local environment
- Zurich as a vibrant and rapidly growing technology hub
The CloudSigma cloud is housed in the Interxion data centre in Glattbrugg near Zurich. Interxion’s data centre is the carrier neutral location of choice for high end data hosting in Switzerland. CloudSigma’s headquarters are located at the Interxion data centre also enabling our engineers to gain immediate physical access to our cloud. If you have an idea or product suggestions just drop an email to email@example.com
CloudSigma is the trading name and registered trademark of CLOUDSIGMA AG, a company incorporated in the canton of Zurich, Switzerland. The software used as part of the CloudSigma product was developed during the course of 2008 and early 2009. CLOUDSIGMA AG was incorporated in late 2009 to bring the product to market.