ICCLab organized the 9th Swiss OpenStack UG meetup yesterday (5th March 2015) evening. With over 90 participants and 6 interesting talks, I can say the event was interesting and a success. And some good beer and great pizza added to the glory!
We had 6 talks in total, split into 2 sessions around the 30 mins food and drinks break. The agenda was,
3 presentations in the 1st session (20 mins each)
- Florian Haas from Hastexo on “Ceph Performance Demystified: Benchmarks, Tools, and the Metrics that Matter”
- Our own Sean Murphy and his team (Bruno and Vojtech) from ZHAW on “Making OpenStack more energy efficient”, including an interesting demo introducing the web app AEM – Arcus Energy Monitoring Tool from Bruno.
- Alexander Gabert from Midokura on “OpenStack, Network Virtualization overlays”
Then a 30 mins break for food and drinks
And then again 3 presentations in the 2nd session (20 mins each)
- Theodor Basler from Nimble Storage on “Nimble Storage next Generation Adaptive Flash Platform”
- Simon Leinen from SWITCH on “SCALE/SWITCHengines – IaaS for the Swiss academic community”
- Marton Kiss, OpenStack Ambassador on “Experiences of OpenStack Contribution Process”