Josef Spillner is a senior lecturer and head of the Service Prototyping Lab at Zurich University of Applied Sciences in Switzerland. His research interests include cloud-native applications, service tooling and cloud accounting & billing. With his team, he works on challenging topics such as microservices, function-as-a-service and time series analysis. Before founding the lab, he conducted research at TUD, SAP, NTUU, UFCG and UniBZ and founded the Open Source Service Platform Research Initiative to promote re-usable software for scientific work. His work approach continues to promote international exchange, most recently at PTI, and modernisation of research and publication approaches. He published a doctoral dissertation about metaquality of services and a habilitation treatise about stealth computing in multi-cloud environments.
- publications: see profile page
- software: see lab repository overview page
- blog posts on cloud application matters
- Internet Service Prototyping (elective for IT/WI students)
- Scripting (advanced studies/masters)
- IT Programming (bachelor level)
- see profile page