The 11th Future Internet Assembly will take place from 18 to 20 March 2014 in Athens, Greece.
This year the focus will be on “Reshaping the Future Internet infrastructure for innovation”.
Open call has been launched to select the best 9 FIA working sessions for the conference, selecting the proposals that cover aspects related to:
- The new Internet technological landscape based on network/cloud integration through Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), and innovative software and services that enable application innovation;
- The contribution of the EU National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) developments in the SDN/NFV domain;
- The role of SDN/NFV in i) building Internet applications of major impact (e.g., social networks, open data, big data analysis, etc.) with virtual services capabilities; ii) enabling the reduction in resources used (energy efficiency, reduction of raw-materials, etc….); iii) fostering the emergence of open platforms to create downstream markets for third party developers;
- The EU Public-Private-Partnerships (PPPs) and how they are positioned relative to these developments and relevant requirements towards demonstration and test-beds in Europe/globally.
These sessions should:
- Contain new and forward-looking ideas;
- Feature a diverse array of presenters and experiences;
- Introduce visionary ideas and practices which will inspire audience;
- Promote cross cutting approaches and technologies to attract stakeholders and entrepreneurs;
- Deliver best practices & creative approaches towards research and technological innovations;
- Stimulate and provoke discussion.
The working session proposals can be submitted following the template available at https://osqa.eurescom.eu by Tuesday, 15th October 2013.
Leave a Reply