The First International Workshop on Cloud Automation, Intelligent Management and Scalability (CAIMS 2014) is to be co-located with the 7th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2014) held in London, UK, December 8th – 11th 2014.
Objectives: The emergence of infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud computing environments which allow the dynamic scaling of resources provides us with new ways of harnessing computing resources. As both the number and types of IaaS offerings increase it is becoming increasingly difficult to select the right type, to use them efficiently and to ensure that the computing resources fit the demands of large-scale applications with dynamic levels of load. This workshop intends to bring interested researchers from around the world to explore the challenges and opportunities that exist in deploying intelligent systems to manage and dynamically auto-scale and adjust infrastructures to meet the needs of modern applications.
Scope: Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Intelligent management and auto-scaling of cloud applications
- Intelligent systems for the provisioning and monitoring of cloud resources
- Green computing via the intelligent management of virtual machine numbers and types
- The prediction and management of demand in cloud environments
- Mechanisms for pooling spare virtual machines and sharing them between providers
- Budget-aware cloud computing
- Economic models for selecting the best cloud resource type for a given application
- Dynamic pricing mechanisms for dynamic cloud resources
- Automation of cloud management tasks
- Cloud-based intelligent system applications.
Paper Submissions Due: 1st August, 2014