CloudStack: Build a Cloud Day Geneva, Switzerland. Sept 25th
Come learn about Apache CloudStack, its features, its use cases and its community.
- 8:30-9:00 Coffee
- 9:00-9:30 Cloud Ecosystem at the Apache Software Foundation -Sebastien Goasguen, Citrix
- 9:30-10:10 Deploying Clouds in the Enterprise -Pierre Vacherand, Apalia
- 10:10-10:30 Break
- 10:30-11:10 A Swiss Cloud Provider: Exoscale -Antoine Coetsier, Exoscale
- 11:10-11:50 The Slipstream multi-cloud broker -Marc Elian Begin, Sixsq
- 11:50-12:20 Swiss Academic Cloud-Sergio Maffioletti, University of Zurich
- 13:30-14:15 Operating a Cloud -Pierre Yves Ritschard, Exoscale
- 14:15-15:00 Combining Grid and Cloud -Mohamed Ben Belgacem, hepia
- 15:00-15:15 Break
- 15:15-16:00 Usage and Cost Management for Enterprise Clouds, -Fabrice Brazier, Amysta
- 16:00-16:45 TBD
- 16:45 – 17:30 Lightning talks from the audience
Sponsor: The event is sponsored by hepia, http://hepia.hesge.ch/
More information http://bacdgeneve.eventbrite.com/
Campus Party is an annual week long, 24-hours-a-day technology festival where thousands of “Campuseros” (hackers, developers, gamers and technophiles), equipped with laptops, camp on-site and immerse themselves in a truly unique environment.
It is the biggest electronic entertainment event in the world which unites the brightest young minds in technology and science under the idea that “the Internet is not a network of computers, it’s a network of people.”
The event of this year is strongly supported by the EU Commission (see photos) with the participation of FI PPP FI-WARE project (ZHAW ICCLAB is a partner) challenges that will be launched to promote the exposure, dissemination, and possible take-up of the FI-WARE technologies. All big names from the business sectors and gaming are present as well with respective platforms.
FI-WARE will offer technology building blocks ( Generic Enablers )
providing certain functionalities that can be used by a large set of applications and developers at the Campus Party. Examples are cloud hosting, big data analysis, location software, Complex Event Processing, Publish/Subscribe Broker, Marketplace, IoT Things Management, Security Monitoring, Identity Management, etc. These will be made available via the Open Innovation Lab.
Yesterday the workshop on IoT technologies actracted many young developers at the FI-WARE stand to receive the IoT kit which is necessary to develop IoT applications for the contest. Today ICCLAB will contribute to the FI-WARE workshop “Advancing Web User Interfaces” – 16:00 – 18:00 – Using FI-WARE Generic Enablers (GEs), you can create fun applications and participate in the challenges. The overview will teach how to perform advanced multimedia stream processing on GEs .
All is very very interesting here with many exibitions on: 3D scanners and printers, augmented reality, games and brain controlled demos.