In mid-October, the new EU project INTEND (INtentify future Transport rEsearch NeeDs) with participation of the Institute of Sustainable Development of ZHAW was launched with the Kick-off Meeting at the National Transport Design Center at Coventry University (UK). The INTEND project is a one-year research project, funded by the European Union as a part of the Horizon 2020 research programme. It aims to reinforce the long-term competitiveness of the European transport sector, based on the development of a research agenda for a forward-looking transport sector. The overall objective is to deliver the European Commission officials as well as transport industry stakeholders, researchers and members of the public a study on the research needs and priorities of the European transport sector through systematic data collection.
The INTEND Consortium consists of:
- Coventry University Enterprises Limited (CUE) – Coordinator of the INTEND project
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas / Hellenic Institute of Transport (CERTH/HIT)
- University of Belgrade, Faculty of Transport and Traffic Engineering (FTTE)
- Technische Universität Berlin (TUB)
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences / Institute of Sustainable Development (ZHAW/INE)
More information about the work structure, ongoing developments and first results will follow continously on this blog. Fur further information about INTEND, visit the project HOMEPAGE or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
The INTEND Consortium at the Kick-off Meeting at Coventry University (UK).