The High-Performance Multimedia Group has developed an HDMI Real-Time Analyzer and Tester which allows logging and real-time modifications of the HDMI stream between source and sink.
- Compliance testing of HDMI devices
- Simulating non-compliant communication behavior to test your device’s robustness
- User-defined insertion and simulation of Enhanced Extended Display Identification Data (E-EDID) communication
- Automatic simulation of several HDMI devices in a batch testing-procedure
- Real-time modification of HDMI communication-stream, such as corrupting or delaying the responses of HDMI devices.
- Logging of DDC communication
- Real-time image analysis for automated testing
The HDMI Real-Time Analyzer and Tester is implemented on an Altera FPGA with NIOS II softcore processor running Linux. The device taps into the DDC channel to allow logging and modifying the communication in real-time according to user-defined behavior rules.